About the Academy
The Leadership Development Academy is a result of discussions with the ISA membership, and specifically, an outcome of the ISA GC Council. The leadership of ISA recognized a need for knowledge transfer between the construction industry seasoned professionals and those aspiring to move into senior leadership roles. The ISA recognizes there is a need for a broader educational approach in order for these aspirers to gain the full breadth of knowledge required to be a senior leader in an organization. The Leadership Development Academy provides a membership service that will collectively advance individuals and save businesses countless hours and resources it takes to develop a program of this nature on their own. The LDA is geared towards providing real-world, usable and practical information and tools for the next level of leadership.
- Assist knowledge transfer from current senior leadership to those aspiring to become senior leaders.
- Generate a positive and productive culture with multi-generational individuals.
- Create a special avenue for companies to identify their next senior level leader.
- Provide an avenue to empower your key employees to meet and exceed their professional development goals.
- Create a forum where current senior leaders can collaboratively develop a broad based, real world curriculum that focuses on best practices of running a construction business.
- Create a method for recognition of competency by others such as general contractors.
- Explore ways to partner with educational institutions.
- Provide a membership service to ISA members.
- Develop ISA intellectual property for the subcontractor.
- Provide ISA members with real-world tools and knowledge.
- The program will offer 15 courses over 18 months.
- An ice-breaker session will be held prior to the first course taking place.
- A special voluntary seminar with a prominent speaker will be held in December of each year wherein the attendee and his/her mentor are invited to attend.
- Each individual must complete all courses in order to receive full completion recognition. If a course is missed, the individual would make that course up once it was available in another course cycle.
- An ISA member company shall select an individual from their firm that they have identified as their next senior leader.
- The application is a two-part process and will be conducted online. The applicant for the course will complete portion one of the application and a senior leader within the company will complete portion two of the application. Applications are only considered complete if both portions of the application are received prior to the deadline.
- An application fee of $150 will be submitted with the application. This is a non-refundable fee to cover the processing and administration of the application phase. If selected to the academy, the application fee of $150 will be applied to the total cost of the course.
- A selection committee made up of ISA volunteers and staff will review and select applications.
- A limit of 25 individuals will be selected per course (numbers may vary based on need and course make-up). Additional courses will begin as the need arises.
- A rubric will be created to evaluate each applicant including minimum requirements to gain access to the course.
- $3,000 per person ($150 nonrefundable deposit at the time of application is applied to total program fee)
- Predictive Index Assessment
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- Employer will be responsible for meeting with academy participant after a category of coursework has been completed.
- The employer will assess what the employee has learned and sign off on a form that the knowledge gained was satisfactory.