ISA Launch into Leadership
The ISA Launch into Leadership Academy is a 6-month course for emerging leaders covering leadership basics.
About the Course
The ISA Launch into Leadership is designed to cover leadership basics. Below is the course is the course layout and objectives for each session.
Session 1: Start with Self
- Learn the basics of The Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment
- Identify your natural strengths and opportunities to grow as presented by the tool
- Explore what it means to lead with authenticity
Session 2: Organizational Culture 101
- Explore the idea that organizational culture is a medium for growth
- Discuss your own organization’s mission, vision, and values and how they show up tangibly at your organization
- Identify one opportunity to champion your organization’s culture
Session 3: Own It!
- Evaluate one’s own strengths and hangups in times of challenge
- Learn and apply the Control model for a more proactive mindset
- Create a plan to influence a current challenge
Session 4: Managing Time and Energy
- Identify your energizers and energy drains
- Learn how to effectively structure your time and charge your battery
- Identify one opportunity to better manage your time
Session 5: Communicating for Success
- Build skill in asking the right questions
- Learn and apply a helpful framework for active listening
- Practice giving effective feedback
Session 6: Leading Through Change
- Understand the technical and adaptive parts of change
- Explore the ways that people’s different needs show up in times of change
- Apply best practices to implement change well
After discussions with the LDA Committee and Education Committee regarding the need for education on foundational leadership skills, the idea for Launch into Leadership begun.
How much does the course cost?
The inaugural class of 2023 will be charged a $50 non-refundable application fee and upon acceptance be charged a $800 course fee. Therefore, the course totals $850.
Who will be in the course?
The class will be comprised of up to 30 individuals belonging to ISA member companies who are emerging leaders within their company.
What are requirements for the course?
To be eligible for Launch into Leadership, all applicants must be
- ISA members in good standing
- Have an employer endorser to sign off on the applicant’s behalf
- Regularly interact with people as an emerging leader
Does Launch into Leadership relate to Leadership Development Academy?
Somewhat! Launch into Leadership is designed for emerging leaders and Leadership Development Academy (LDA) is designed for emerging executive leadership. While Launch into Leadership is not a prerequisite to LDA, it does serve as a foundation for the curriculum in LDA.
When does the class meet?
Classes for Launch into Leadership will meet from 8:00AM-11:00AM on:
- February 20, 2024
- March 19, 2024
- April 16, 2024
- May 21, 2024
- June 18, 2024
- July 16, 2024
Where will classes be held?
Classes will be held at the ISA office on the NW side of Indianapolis.